(Vegan, Grain free, Refined sugar free, Oil free, Paleo)
Yield: 5 muffins
Chocolate stuffed muffins to start off the week anyone?! Omg I am in love with this recipe! can’t get enough of chocolate and these are so healthy I had one today for breakfast.. lol
Side note, I made the muffins entirely in a food processor, I just added all of the ingredients in, and mixed until smooth.
I realize that not everyone has a food processor, and I wouldn’t want anyone to miss out on this deliciousness, so in the method below I used bowls and spoons instead but the ingredient amounts are all the same. So depending on whatever equipment you have, choose your method accordingly.😉
Strawberry Chia Jam:
- 2 teaspoons of chia seeds
- 2 teaspoons of water
- 3/4 cup of frozen strawberries (fresh is fine it will just cook faster)
- Heat ingredients in a small saucepan over low heat and stir occasionally while mashing the strawberries with a fork.
- Once the strawberries are mashed, set in the fridge to cool ~5 minutes.
- One teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/2 cup of almond butter
- One teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons of unsweetened cocoa powder
- One ripe banana
- 3 tablespoons of agave nectar
- 2 tablespoons of coconut flour
- Whisk dry ingredients (baking powder, cocoa, coconut flour) in a medium sized bowl until it is just mixed.
- In a small bowl, mash the banana and then add the wet ingredients and stir until combined.
- Line a muffin tin with muffin liners, or you can make your own out of parchment paper if you don’t have any, and using a cookie scoop or spoon, scoop out half of the batter and place into 5 muffins.
- Add one teaspoon of chia jam onto the center of each muffin and then evenly add another scoop of batter on top to seal it off.
- Add another teaspoon of chia jam on top of the muffins and then bake on 350 F for 15 minutes or until a toothpick is inserted and is removed clean.
- Once cooled, swirl some melted almond butter on top and homemade coconut whipped cream. Enjoy!!