Vegan| Grain/Gluten-Free| Refined Sugar Free| Oil Free| Yield: 8
I was going to call these “guilt free” almond cookies, but no guilt should ever be associated with Chinese Almond cookies because they’re just divine.
Now we can enjoy the texture and flavor that we love, without the gluten, refined sugar, oil, etc. aka no GI distress is a win for me 🙌🏻
You guys asked for the nutrition info for my recipes so i will be making the nutrition facts and sharing the full recipes here on mysmarteats.com for your reference.
Note: The nutrition facts will always be towards the end of the recipe*
– 1 cup @bobsredmill superfine almond flour
– 1/2 tsp baking powder
– 1/4 tsp salt
– 2 tsp @simplyorganic almond extract
– 1/4 cup @wholefoods brand organic light agave nectar (can sub honey)
1. Pre-heat oven to 310 F.
2. In a medium sized bowl, combine dry ingredients and whisk to remove lumps.
3. In a small bowl, mix the almond extract and agave with a spoon, and then add to the dry ingredients and stir until you form a dough.
4. Using a cookie scoop or spoon, evenly divide the dough onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper and then flatten out the dough with your hands.
5. Lightly press one whole almond onto the cookies and then place in the oven to bake for 12-14 minutes, or until slightly golden.