These grain free pancakes melt in your mouth! The secret for the perfect grain free pancake is detailed below- so keep reading!✨🌱
Yesterday was #pancakeday so I created these because it was my mission to perfect a grain free pancake recipe and this for sure doesn’t need any tweaking, it’s here to stay😍
Each pancakes is only 144 calories, high protein, high fiber, and low carb! Made with two flax-chia eggs and almond flour, these pancakes are full of healthy fats, protein, iron, and, fiber! (See Nutrition Facts Below)
My taste testers, and when I say taste testers I mean my family, all said these were the best pancakes they’ve ever had. Oh and they’re not just saying that. If you know anything about Italians from NY you know they speak their minds, especially when it comes to food, so I can always rely on them for their honest opinion lol
Vegan| Grain-Free\ Gluten Free| Oil Free | Refined Sugar free
Yield: 6-8 medium sized
Now, listen carefully because this is the secret to getting perfect grain free pancakes. The secret is patience. Yup, you’re going to need a considerable amount to make these. They don’t cook like oat or wheat pancakes because they take longer to brown.
I’m the type of cook that likes to hoover over my food and watch carefully as it cooks but I had to get over that for this recipe! You have to cook these on low-medium heat for at least 10 mins on each side or they will not cook properly and evenly. That’s all!
-1 cup fine almond flour
-1/4 cup organic coconut flour
-1/2 tsp baking soda
-1 tsp vanilla extract
-pinch of salt
-2 flax eggs
-1 cup unsweetened vanilla soy milk (or milk of choice)
-1 tbsp honey
1. Prepare flax/chia eggs by combining 2 tbsp ground flax with 1/4 cup+ 2 tbsp water. Stir and set aside for 15 mins.
2. In a medium sized bowl, combine dry ingredients (almond flour, coconut flour, salt, baking soda) and whisk to remove any lumps.
3. In a small bowl combine wet ingredients (flax eggs, milk, honey, vanilla) stir until evenly mixed.
4. Form a well in the dry ingredients and stir in the wet ingredients until you form a batter.
5. Heat a greased pan over low-medium heat and pour equal parts of batter onto the pan. Flatten with a spoon.
6. Cook for at least 10 minutes, flip and cook for an additional 10.
7. Continue for the remaining batter until all of the pancakes are cooked.